Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Today I baked a dozen Red Velvet Cupcakes (I have made around 13 dozen in the past week, it is after all Valentine's week) and a pineapple upside down cake. I love old fashion desserts. My mother has a boxed set of cookbooks that were hers growing up. They're filled with recipes from country fairs, home economics teachers and military wives. I love leafing through the book labeled "Desserts" and reading about the desserts from 40 years ago. I love the simplicity of the flavors and instructions.

Here's a video for Pineapple Upside Down Cake by Elephantine. The recipe is by Martha Stewart, it's similar to the one from my mom's cookbook.




 
pineapple upside-down cake from rachelchew on Vimeo.
.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...