Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Beautiful Libraries

I've always loved libraries. They're a great place to get work done, to chill, and when I was at University the lib (as it was called by the students) was a great place to sleep during long breaks. I remember taking a tour of the lib as an incoming freshman and being blown away. I had never seen an entire building or two devoted to just books. I remember walking down a long row of books simply thrilled at its length. Once I became a univeristy student it ceased to blow me away and I got quite used to the idea of buildings filled with books. But then I saw these photos from Knstrct and was once again reminded of the beauty of libraries and great architecture.


Stockholm Public Library/ Ollvier Charles


Livraria da Villa/ Isay Weinfeld.


Selexyz Dominicanen/ In Maastricht


The Law Library of Munich
Doesn't it remind you a little of the library in Beauty and the Beast?

See more photos of amazing libraries here.

All photos via Knstrct

1 comment:

Carla said...

*sigh* I love libraries. Don't you wish we had local libraries as beautiful as these? I've seen a couple of thesis projects dedicated to libraries, and it's harder pala than one thinks to design a library properly. :))

*sigh*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...